When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Support Our Watch Gurus

shultz

I guess I am not wrong when I say we all want to get our reps as perfect as well. We have a few guys on board who are carrying for us and bringing several projects forward. I noticed very often that a first call brought up tons of postings e.g. “I am in”, “ Me too!”, “congrats!” and so on.

But when our “gurus” (the watchmeister team, Mark, The Zigmeister, Lello, Palp, Joe and others more) tell us that a project can only be realized with a minimum of assistance and work by the members the interest often implodes...

Remember Mark’s call for the re-printing of the PAM DWs (to be honestly I overslept the re-print of a 2893 DW but I am in for a 7753) and all his effort. Such a project needs patience, assistance and finally reliability of those who declared an interest.

Currently Lello is working on a re-printing project for our Ingies. Due to the construction it seems to be necessary to disassemble the watches and send him the just the DWs (with stick on overlay). My impression is some shilly-shally in the forum, since he asked for sending in just the DWs. So come on guys: remove your DWs or let it remove by a watchmaker and bring the project forward: for yourself and for the community. We are at least 50 Ingie owners from the GB. So what’s up?

For the guys who are interested in chieftang's great ar coating offer: If you want to get your watches ar coated: Don’t hesitate and send him the crystals (if interest has been stated before). The more we are the better the price. His offer is great so come on pull the trigger and prize his efforts.

I also remember The Zigmeister's call for all customers with unpaid bills.....

Please don’t take me wrong: Some of us are perfectionists and want to get the reps as close as well. Others are happy with a 60% rep. Some won’t some can’t spend more money. No prob. But I would like it if all members would simply stick by a word. That would support and assist our watch gurus and make projects better plannable.

If you really want to get your watch perfect you will have to carry for it by yourself a bit. That means: Try to make it easy for the Gurus: If just a DW is required: Send in the DW. Is it a crystal: Send it in. Not all of us have watch making skills. So: try to find a watchmaker in your area or send it to one of the experienced guys here. There is no reason to hesitate considering all the sources here in the forum!

As said: Don’t take me wrong, no bad thoughts. But just my 2 cents and a try to prize the efforts of the guys who are working creative, hard and of course with expenses. All that should be prized by a little assistance, homework and patience, right? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have to second that. Patience, determination and cooperation are key part of these projects. Usually, they are labors of love. No one ever gets rich off of these. In fact, most of the time you lose money. Whether it is Lello on the original Lello datewheels and crowns, Mark on the 7753 and 2892 datewheels, the Watchmen on the first generation cyclops or Chieftang's most recent efforts on cyclops and AR coat. And not all ever work out. I am the happy owner of an extensive crown collection - 2 generations of Lello crowns, Homer crowns, PAM crowns, Palp 2.1's, etc. Some I use some I don't. I have 2 or 3 generations of various datewheels as well. But I never mind contributing to the effort. I have been a silent partner in a number of projects (read as cheerleader and occasional financial backer) from the first gen cyclops to various datewheel projects and so I have had a birdseye view of all the trials and tribulations.

To give people a sense of what I am talking about, on the first gen cyclops (Watchmen project) there was a fair amount of guesswork using the best information the group could find and ultimately it had to take on the financial burden of the entire project waiting to see whether they would work. As a member of the Watchmeisters I have watched Arch and Ubi spend countless hours developing solutions to the Vintage Rolex and PAM Asian 7750 date font issue. Hundreds of dollars and months of work identifying the right materials and vendors have been invested. Having searched the universe for tools that would provide the required level of accuracy we have ended up having custom tooling done for each movement. The Rolex is now in final production with the A7750 to follow shortly. Over time this same process can be applied to virtually any datewheel for which there is enough demand to justify the expense. But make no mistake this has been a labor of love (kudos to to Arch for sticking with it). So cheers to all and bear with all those striving to make the rep world a better place.