When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Palped 'mbw' 1680

rag9fx

I just got this fresh in this morning ! My Palped 1680 red letter . Truely a product of the RWG global community.

The base watch was pre-owned mint condition 'M.B.W.' red letter 1680 un-modified purchased from a great Aussie member from the board sennsi

I contributed some of the parts on this watch but most of the credit and all of the modding was done by E.U. modder Palpatine

List of features on this piece :

- Gen Tropic 127 ( Rag9fx)

- C.W.P Insert ( Rag9fx)

- Gen Luminous Dot/ Pearl ( Rag9fx) ( not pictured )

-Aftermarket hollow mid link bracelet and clasp ( Rag9fx)

(modfied, polished and satinized by Palp )

-Gen spring bars

-Tube and Gen Crown ( Palp)

- Aged and Lumed Dial and hands ( Palp)

- Crown Guards milled ( Palp)

-Lugholes drilled out ( Palp)

- Case polished ( Palp)

Palpatine is certainly an incredibly gifted modder and im very impressed by the results ...

Here are some pics ( courtesy of palpatine)

post-3361-1169739050_thumb.jpg

post-3361-1169739104_thumb.jpg

Edited by rag9fx

Great looking watch! Where did you get the aftermarket midlink bracelet? Any pics you can offer? I have one - but the rolex crown symbol is off and not believable.
sorry i don't have any pics of it .... my photography skills are pretty rubish and its a grim day in london ...

it came off a 1680 i bought off ioffer over a year ago... it in its self isn't the most convincing bracelet it has the wrong ref numbers but the crown is ok. I have found on the gen vintages that i have handled that the crowns are not so bold and in some examples very very faint ... this is pretty much stamped in there deep. but on the whole the clasp is pretty convincing ... a whole world better then the original mbw bracelet .

if i am not mistaken the vintage subs that are not MBW/WMs are fitted with similar bracelets to mine.

very nice, especially that you did the crystal yourself. find that one of the trickiest thing to do on a 1680

congrats :thumbsupsmileyanim:

if you look at the 10 O'clock position you can see where i cocked that up... i took a little chunk out of the tropic ... there is a small thread about that somewhere here

:rolleyes:

Nicely done! Looks great! And very nice to know that you had a hand in some of the mods as well! Always nice to see members giving this stuff a try; it's not as hard as some may think with the right tools and a bit of practice.

Enjoy your 1680!! Looks like a timepiece that will be getting a good amount of wrist time, eh?

:)

Nicely done! Looks great! And very nice to know that you had a hand in some of the mods as well! Always nice to see members giving this stuff a try; it's not as hard as some may think with the right tools and a bit of practice.

Enjoy your 1680!! Looks like a timepiece that will be getting a good amount of wrist time, eh?

:)

Certainly a lot of wrist time ... unfortunately the crystal got steamed up today and i lost the gen pearl... :wounded1: so as soon as i source more pearls and when the watchmiester datewheels come out i'll be laughing :thumbsupsmileyanim: ... now only to preasure proof the bugger !

R