When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex submariner help

paneristi360

Mike, to purchase, simply peruse the dealer listings on the main page. But it sounds like you are unsure as to which Sub model you want. That being the case, you will save yourself alot of frustration &, perhaps, buyer remorse, by researching the model you actually want before hitting any buy buttons. I would recommend either spending some time on timezone.com or 1 of the various Rolex forums to narrow down your target Sub. Or, better still, visit a local Rolex dealer & spend some wrist time getting accustomed to the various models. You may find that 1 stands above all others. Or, you may even find yourself fast-forwarding to purchasing the real thing (as many here end up doing).
Good luck & happy hunting.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Isochronous said:

Be ready for sticker shock. Use Roles sell for more than MSRP. The waiting list at an AD is years and the AD sells to customers who buy thousands of dollars of items they don't really want.  It is called building a relationship.

Sad, but true. To many RWG old-timers, this bit of reason may seem hackneyed & trite, but remains true - No matter how crazy Rolex prices are today, they will seem like a bargain 1 year from now.

1 hour ago, freddy333 said:

Sad, but true. To many RWG old-timers, this bit of reason may seem hackneyed & trite, but remains true - No matter how crazy Rolex prices are today, they will seem like a bargain 1 year from now.

I hope you are right but Rolex and other watches makers are playing the game more and more. Limited editions are the name of the game. Used Grand Seiko LE are now selling for more than MSRP. Even genuine ETA movements are selling for close to $1000 for their elaborate ebauche.

1 hour ago, Isochronous said:

I hope you are right but Rolex and other watches makers are playing the game more and more. Limited editions are the name of the game. Used Grand Seiko LE are now selling for more than MSRP. Even genuine ETA movements are selling for close to $1000 for their elaborate ebauche.

I would separate Rolex from all other brands, because Rolex has been playing pricing games due to the aspirational mystique they maintain for decades.

As for the rest of the watch market's recent pricing, I think it is due in part to simple supply & demand & the increasing popularity of (mainly) vintage Rolex among celebrities. As more & more millennials tire of geek-style (computer watches) & edge into the adult world, they are flooding the mechanical watch markets as new buyers. & because mechanical watches, especially the popular brands, cannot be pumped-out like Apple watches, the demand greatly outstrips the relatively fixed supply.

26 minutes ago, freddy333 said:

I would separate Rolex from all other brands, because Rolex has been playing pricing games due to the aspirational mystique they maintain for decades.

As for the rest of the watch market's recent pricing, I think it is due in part to simple supply & demand & the increasing popularity of (mainly) vintage Rolex among celebrities. As more & more millennials tire of geek-style (computer watches) & edge into the adult world, they are flooding the mechanical watch markets as new buyers. & because mechanical watches, especially the popular brands, cannot be pumped-out like Apple watches, the demand greatly outstrips the relatively fixed supply.

You are right about millennials becoming "watch guys".  Swatch doesn't seem to have a problem pumping out as many watches as they can sell, Omega and Longines are sold at Army PXs at a discount. Omega  now has the "Moonswatch" for the masses.  $250 quartz watches are selling for over $1,000 even though Nicolas Hayek said he is going to make as many as he can sell.

Rolex and other privately owned brands can play games with production because they don't have to answer to share holders. Swatch has to keep the owners happy with bigger profits every quarter.  The Swiss government doesn't know what to do with Swatch. A few years ago they forced Hayek to sell ébauches  to third parties, today they forbid him to sell except to brands Swatch owns.

Sorry Rolex, no parts for you.