When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5512 Bezel Insert Options

thewightstuff

got a new replacement bezel insert for my 5512 today and fitted it in however i cant decide if i like it or not. while the change is perhaps creating a "strangeness" factor im wondering if theres more to it.

the reason for the swap was that the older one is split through at the top centre. i cant get it to glue together though with the lume dot in place and some glue applied it holds fine and can be inserted.

anyways, its an older insert and this one is newer. font is thinner on the newer one while the older one is much more similar to my 5513s insert.

anyone got any thoughts either way? heres two pics, a before and after.

as an aside, i wish i got the urge to take my other pics in natural light. i always decide at night and have to use artificial. natural kicks ass to put it mildly.

anyways, older at top, new at bottom.

189882-5113.jpg

189882-5114.jpg

Aestehtically speaking, I agree- Top is the one that better matches the feel and character of the watch. However... I'd probably just leave the new insert in for wear (at least for the time being). The split at 12:00 on the original, even if holding for now is a bit risky as the pearl, or worst case, the entire insert could potentially fall out if knocked hard enough. My advice would be to put the original aside for now and keep an eye out for an insert of the same vintage for sale. I tend to see inserts of comparable condition missing their pearls for sale more often than complete inserts... Once you are able to land one, simply swap the pearl, and instantly restore the old glory to your 5512.