When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is It Possible To Fix A Missaligned Datewheel?

Devedander

So I am tinkering with my PO... managed to get the keyless works reset after pullig it in the wrong position... but notice now the date is missaligned (I am actually not sure if it was this way before or not... might well have been) so looking at it the little notch that pushes the date wheel around seems to simply slip off the notch in the datewheel too early...

It looks almost like the spring that locks the datewheel in place should be helping to push the datewheel along a bit further as if I manually rotate the datewheel with my finger when it properly lines up the spring locks into place.

Any advice on how to fix this? I would estimate the dates are stopping about 10% short of being properly aligned, the top bar on a the 7 is completely invisible when it's in the window.

Thanks for any advice!

Is this what you mean?

EDIT after more looking the actual print is aligned properly... because when I put the crown in dateset and set the date that way, the date font lines up properly. The little gear at 4:OO is working ok and if it lines up the date I would think that means the datewheel is ligned up..

It's the little wheel at 10:00 that adjust the date when the hands roll over 12 that is not doing the same job right...

post-3411-1169921575_thumb.jpg

post-3411-1169921583_thumb.jpg

Edited by Devedander