When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Chronometer Problem On King's Carrera Chrono

boncovi

Received Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph today from King,

Chronometer doesnt go back to 12, it stops 1 second behind, I dont have any experience in opening a watch, taking out the dial or glueing.. what can I do?

And also there are some misaligned bars, such as second bar of 12, and 6. otherwise, it is great..

Dont know what to do.. please help post-2962-1169900422_thumb.jpg

All you can do is to either return it, or have someone that knows what they are doing fix it for you... the fact you have no experience in watchmaking, should serve as a warning to leave it alone. The cost of the tools alone, would be much more than the cost of fixing it, and there is a real risk of damage becasuse you have no experience.

Taking a chrono apart as a first timer, not a good idea...

RG

All you can do is to either return it, or have someone that knows what they are doing fix it for you... the fact you have no experience in watchmaking, should serve as a warning to leave it alone. The cost of the tools alone, would be much more than the cost of fixing it, and there is a real risk of damage becasuse you have no experience.

Taking a chrono apart as a first timer, not a good idea...

RG

Hello The Zigmeister, thank you very much for your response, I just realized the chronometer buttons doesnt push, nothing happens.. the chrono worked just once or twice, not sure, I did nothing to the watch except pushing the buttons a few times, and of course in order.

I contacted king with the photos and information, waiting for her response. My first purchase was a tag heuer link chrono from her, whose clasp was defective, I asked her many times to send that piece to me, but at last, in my second purchase, she sent a new bracelet. But this time, the watch is defective :S

I guess I'm an unlucky customer..

I'll let you ppl know what happened.

Thank you

Hello again,

I went to the local Omega - Tag Heuer - Rolex authorized service point, to put the new bracelet to my watch, I took the new carrera with me to show them.

They said that, this problem is not an easy fix, such as taking off the hand and glueing. they say, the center, middle pin of the hands is not circular, its something special (half circle) so that, it's not possible to put the hand in a different position, unless they disassemble the whole watch, sit the middle part in correct position, then re-assemble the whole watch. they say this is the only way.

The chrono buttons sometimes work, sometimes dont, button A starts the chrono, again button A, stops the chrono, then I push button B, and it continues the chrono, it doesnt go back to 12 (however it doesnt stop excatly at 12) but sometimes it goes back to 12.

They said "We dont want to open this watch as the 7750 movement is very complex, and we cannot guarantee that it wil work flawless after opening the mechanism." and " Even if we repair it, this defective mechanism may cause problems in the future, they added.

And told me to return the watch if possible.

I talked to King, she said send back the watch and I'm sending a new one at the same time, she said it's an automatic mechanism problem, she'll check the new one for any possible problems including the defective bars at 12 and 6.

I say to myself, it is bad luck of me, but thank to King, I feel much more relieved.

Great service, Great Communication, King is highly recommended...

Edited by boncovi

They said that, this problem is not an easy fix, such as taking off the hand and glueing. they say, the center, middle pin of the hands is not circular, its something special (half circle) so that, it's not possible to put the hand in a different position, unless they disassemble the whole watch, sit the middle part in correct position, then re-assemble the whole watch. they say this is the only way.

That is BS and not true, they dont' know what they are talking about...

Glad you are getting a replacement one in from King, good customer service.

I suggest you dont' get this shop to do any movement work for you, they are clueless and will probably cause more damage to your watch if you let them work on it. My guess, not one person you spoke to is a watchmaker, if they are watchmakers, they dont' know anything about a 7750...

RG