When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Few Plantet Ocean Questians

Leithan

I just ordered a 45.5mm Planet Ocean; I was just wondering if any one knew what the model number for the case is. I am interested in swapping the crown and tube for gen. ones. No particular reason too, I would just like to give it a try. I have tried doing a search and such, I guess I am just not sure what I am looking for, parts are listed by the model number of the watch, and I am having a hard time figuring out what the particle number for this watch is. I apologize if this is something really obvious and I am just missing it. Also is it possible to replace the spring bars with gen. ones as well. I read the article on how this was done on a Sub. Is it possible to do this mod on a PO?

I just ordered a 45.5mm Planet Ocean; I was just wondering if any one knew what the model number for the case is. I am interested in swapping the crown and tube for gen. ones. No particular reason too, I would just like to give it a try. I have tried doing a search and such, I guess I am just not sure what I am looking for, parts are listed by the model number of the watch, and I am having a hard time figuring out what the particle number for this watch is. I apologize if this is something really obvious and I am just missing it. Also is it possible to replace the spring bars with gen. ones as well. I read the article on how this was done on a Sub. Is it possible to do this mod on a PO?

don't bother with the springbars. they are the same as the gen anyway. i compared mine with my gen. the crown try polishing it first by putting the stem in a drill chuck and running the drill very slow while using a dremel with polishing compound (i use mother's polish) it will come out very close to the gen crown finish if you work it enough. i'd send the crystal for a double AR coat before anything else.

191007-4899.jpg