When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Spotting On Top Gear

Pugwash

Well, I was watching the new episode of Top Gear and felt they put in a section just for me. It was a Jaguar XK vs an Aston Martin V8 Vantage, and in it, Clarkson was sporting a new black Planet Ocean with rubber strap, power-sliding an Aston and a Jag while they played not one but two songs by Mogwai.

192137-4667.jpg

Fantastic stuff. Yes, Clarkson is a [censored], but he's our [censored].

I thought that looked like a PO, but i couldn't bear to pause it while the show was on to look - I was going through withdrawal waiting for the new season to start.

Yup, 45mm PO on rubber.

Hamster and Captain Slow may also have been sporting new watches, but I couldn't make out what. I know Captain Slow recently (in the last year) bought an IWC, but I don't know which one.

I love that show, even though Clarkson is [censored]ular. :D

I didn't even notice what Hamster and Capt. Slow were wearing, I was too busy laughing through most of it.

I rather like Clarkson - I wish we had a proper car show like this on here in the states, but alas we'll never get something that openly criticizes a car over here. Everything has to have kid gloves. So I'll just have to continue downloading it every week and burning it to disk to watch.

Chronus broke this news to me earlier this week and I'm still fuming :angry:

That such a complete and utter [censored] as Clarkson now sports the same watch currently glued to my wrist is almost too much to bear!!! I understand he used to wear a SMP so I bet he saw the Bond film a couple of months back and went out and bought it. [censored].

Much as I love all things car-related etc. I just can't bring myself to watch the show due to the obnoxious smug bullied-at-school chav mentality that it represents. I always liked the 'old' Top Gear with the numerous presenters such as Tiff Needell and that very tasty posh girl Vicky Butler-Something. But then it became a Clarkson ego vehicle with a studio full of sycophants. No wonder the other presenters resigned and went to do a rival show. That "hamster" bloke is an even bigger (or is that smaller) [censored] - not the crash itself (even though he had no business whatsoever being in that dragster) but the way he seems intent on milking it for all it's worth - it's just nauseating and lacking in class.

What next??? Jamie Oliver wears Panerai? Feck me, if that ever happens I swear that's the end....

That "hamster" bloke is an even bigger (or is that smaller) [censored] - not the crash itself (even though he had no business whatsoever being in that dragster) but the way he seems intent on milking it for all it's worth - it's just nauseating and lacking in class.

He's not milking it: everyone around him is milking it. He made the other presenters swear to no longer mention the crash after last Sunday.

Personally I find Clarkson quite amusing, as long as you don't take him too seriously. I always turn to his car review and column in the Sunday Times first. Then straight to another pain in the ass - Winners Dinners :lol:

Clarkson mentioned in his column over the summer that he was going to get a B&R to replace his SMP. Obviously Bond fever took over and he went for the PO. Or maybe he got both - could certainly afford it!

Pretty sure James May was wearing an Ingenieur and I think Hamster was sporting a Tag chrono of some type.

JG