When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT 16710's

pjbracer1

Hi All Are there any good GMT  Pepsi's or Coke's in the older style? 

I see several on Trusty that look pretty good but both have some small flaws one looks to have a good case without the strange chamfering on the shoulders but is using the wrong hand type for the GMT hand, it has a correct hand stack, but it looks like they have used the hands from a model that is not using the correct hand stack and so the GMT hand centre is larger than the hour hand, minor I know but a simple fix.

The other one has the correct hand stack with the correct hand size and set up but the case has chamfered shoulders that are polished and do not look right, this might have been something on maybe an older version from years back but the shoulders should almost be flat with brushed top and polished sides. 

Some of the other ones look to be ok but do not have CHS and also have the engraved rehaut,  would prefer to have this plain.

ROLGMT113 look to be pretty much spot on apart from that it is the incorrect hand stack but the case and bracelet look to be good

ROLGMT168C again looks to be pretty much spot on but the hand are the wrong sizes for the stack order as mentioned above

ROLGMT0238C is another one that look really good apart from the edges on the case 

On another note is it possible to fit genuine bezel inserts on any of these? 

Also I wouldn't mind the version that has lug holes in the case either but I had a Gen sub of that ear and the bracelet tended to feel a bit tinny! 

It could just be the pictures of the model used for the images (like the ones with the incorrect hand sizes as maybe it was what they had at the time,) Anyone bought one of any of those and got some pics would be cool, 

I would have thought by know the attention to the small details would not be a thing anymore only down to manufacturing capability, but consider all 3 have all the right parts just not in one watch is somewhat annoying. 

Cheers

image.png.102769d457edf23b072de66529b19f01.pngimage.png.9f23270a4616aef920582986438a6302.pngimage.png.2264452a30615f0b8d4c2464f1ee10eb.pngimage.png.df6007ce8e776b7422e3d12d54c5c24d.png