When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Po Bezel Scratches

Marv1n

I have the 4th gen PO, and there are a few light dings/scratches that somehow found their way into my bezel. Does anyone know if you can polish these out?

Otherwise, anyone know how hard it is to swap bezels?

For some reason this watch doesn't thrill me anymore, and the cosmetic dings aren't helping :(

Thanks in advance,

M

I have the 4th gen PO, and there are a few light dings/scratches that somehow found their way into my bezel. Does anyone know if you can polish these out?

Otherwise, anyone know how hard it is to swap bezels?

For some reason this watch doesn't thrill me anymore, and the cosmetic dings aren't helping :(

Thanks in advance,

M

I got somehow tired of my PO 4gen Orange myself, but I swapped to a black bezel insert. That made the watch all new and fresh to me. A very easy operation, and my supplier sent me the insert in no time.

Jonas

I got somehow tired of my PO 4gen Orange myself, but I swapped to a black bezel insert. That made the watch all new and fresh to me. A very easy operation, and my supplier sent me the insert in no time.

Jonas

Can you give me details on how to get the parts and do the operation?

Many thanks!

Can you give me details on how to get the parts and do the operation?

Many thanks!

Jupp, sure. Must say first that I'm no watchsmith at all, and this is about the most I've done on my watches except for regulating speed..

1. Sent dealer, in this case Andrew, one email, requesting bezel insert, color black

2. Got the insert free in no time (thank you very much, btw)

3. Thinking what the h... do I do next

4. Searching the forum

5. Finding different post describing the procedure

Fetched a hair-dryer, heated the bezel for about 20-30 secs and the bezel insert was loose in the groove. It's actually cheap, two-sided tape that is holding the insert, looks disappointing actually. Mine had scratches so I didn't bother to be careful when ripping it off.

Then use double-sided tape, or super-glue to reinstall your new insert. Be careful, if you use to much glue here, the bezel could be VERY hard to turn afterwards. It happended to me, clumsy as I am, and I stayed up all night just turning the bezel so that it shouldn't freeze... kiddin.

Good luck