When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Technical Qualitiy Of Gmt Pams 088, 089/ Navi World?

shultz

Hi there,

I read several postings related to the above mentioned watches. But I’d like to know about the technical background of these watches / movements in particular how reliable the GMT construction is. As I can see from The Zigmeister’s review the GMT Master II with ETA 2836 and correct hand stack hasn’t got a very nice mvt. / GMT construction (He serviced mine recently and I am not unhappy*.J).

But I guess the above mentioned models are constructed different because they are powered by asian 7750s instead of ETA 2836s.

As both watches Navi World and PAM GMT come with the same asian 7750 mvt. which has been reviewed as working horses I can imagine the watches are basically reliable. But for the Navi World I assume some issues due to the stop function/ additional gears for the chrono function?! Is that right? What do our experts say?

I know there are proud owners here who like their watches because of the style or whatever (of course I like it, too!). But *please- at his time I am not interested in aesthetical features or wearing comfort or what ever else.

I am interested only in a technical review in relation to the mvt./ mvt. construction which is clarifying: Are these watches a useful purchase with a reliable mvt. or should I better stay away because of the GMT modification?

Thanks for enlightening me! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Today is your lucky day...

I have one of these PAM's (not sure of the exact model number) in my shop today, and will open it and tear it down later this week.

I have never seen one, so I guess it will be new for me also, and that I should take some pictures and post what I see...

It will be the weekend before you see anything from me, but I will do a review on the movement.

RG