When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Picture Magicians - Can You Do This?

TJGladeRaider

I have started a new Jeep Project. I just bought a 2006 Rubicon and I have installed a suspension lift so now I need to figure out which wheel and tire combination to use. Although most people just buy whatever someone sells them, doing this right is actually more complicated than it sounds. I know the size and offset I need to maintain the factory steering geometry, but I am considering buying some teflon wheels and I'd like some idea how they would look before I spend the money.

I don't want to put anyone to any trouble, but if the wizardry of Photoshop allows you to click "change this to this," it would help me make up my mind.

Basically, I want to know, how would these wheels look on this Jeep?

post-223-1170184775_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any photos of this wheel with the correct lug pattern so this is the best I could do.

post-223-1170184790_thumb.jpg

Like I said, I really don't want anyone to go to any trouble if this is complicated. I can always print the picture and use a dark gray sharpie on it or something.

Thanks,

Bill

This is just a rough estimate. If you'd have sent me pictures of the rims face-on, it would have been easy. As it was, it wasn't easy. I decided not to shade the rims with the shadows of the car as it was only a rough sketch. I did, however, paint the road in in the holes. :D

192802-4491.jpg

Nowhere near perfect, but you get what you pay for. :D

192804-4490.jpg

Nowhere near perfect, but you get what you pay for. :D

You gotta be kidding me -- that's freakin scary.

A fella named Tom ought to send you a check - you just sold me on those wheels.

Picture that same look with the tires almost 10% larger. I am going to use those wheels with BFG A/T KOs at 35x12.5x16.

I really, REALLY like how that looks.

Can you e-mail me a better res version of the pic than I can get by snagging that one from the post?

Bill