When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Davidsen 177h (swiss) With Bob Strap

randombloke

The PAM 177 H was the first Panerai that I bought and unfortunately I think I got caught in one of our dealers little white lies. I ordered the watch with the Swiss movement and this is what I got for $300:

229042-12576.jpg

It doesn't look all that bad but it isn't a Swiss movement. Once burned....

I've ordered a PAM 036 from Davidson a week ago and I have high hopes for the accuracy of the watch although I don't particularly know what modifications have been done to the watch. Davidson isn't the most descriptive when it comes to the technical execution of the watch he sells.

/Tim

@Tim

FYI, your photo shows Swiss ETA 6497-1 movement, not Asian.

cheers,

babola

I cannot find a Swiss 6497-1 using a shock mount configuration like in that picture. Unless they are changing the way they have it setup. This movement uses a Novodiac shock mount, but I can only find examples of Swiss 6497s that use the Incabloc. If it is a Swiss movement and they have started using Novodiac mounts, then these are not accurate to gen Panerai's because they all use Incabloc in the Historic models.

The other thing I am confused about and am still researching is the difference between the 6497s that have curved bridges and the ones that look squared off. I'll probably figure this one out, and where I have seen the 6497 use what might be a Novodiac mount has been with the squared bridges. I say might because I am still looking for close-ups of all the examples of the 6497s and trying to figuring out their time line and how the design changes.

I know I am throughly confusing myself and if someone can offer the straight scoop I'd be appreciative.

/Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Davidsen 44mm owners:

Please chime in.

The lug screws (titanium)? Well I was kind of rough on the threaded piece and I think I stripped both ends trying to get in a Rubber deployment.

Does anyone know if the Gens (on Ebay) fit the Davidesen casing? I know my Asian 177 are much thinner.

Would S\S lug screws be the way to go?

And what about the spring lug pins (extra pins provided). What would these be used for? I can't figure those out as they don't fit through the hollow tubes and putting them in alone just makes the strap wobbly.

Sorry, just hoping someone would know off hand. I'll check with Davidsen as well :(

• 3 weeks later...