When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ap Royal Oak "fondation"

ratchpot

Wow... I'm thinking that the seller probably doesn't know their RO's.... If they did (and were trying to be deceptive), I'm sure they would not have included the pics with the ETA movement and incorrect case construction...

:huh:

Maybe an honest mistake of not knowing? Doesn't make it right, but I suspect this might be the case...

It's a tough call to say whether it's deliberate or not. On the recent eBay auction of the brand new replica Offshore, I thought the seller probably didn't know it was a rep watch, although the concensus on the board was that the guy was definitely scamming. On this auction I think if the guy is truly scamming just on the basis of his auction text description. I have no idea why he'd post such obvious pictures though....or why people have bid the watch up to $1,500.

Doesn't look like he's representing it as "the real deal" to me.

Having just read his long-winded answer to a bidder's question at the bottom of the auction, I have no doubt the seller is an out and out liar who's looking to make a quick few thousand dollars selling a rep.

Another tell..... he's made it a private auction. This is to hide the bidders' identities so no-one can contact them to tell them they're bidding on a rep.

Having just read his long-winded answer to a bidder's question at the bottom of the auction, I have no doubt the seller is an out and out liar who's looking to make a quick few thousand dollars selling a rep.

Another tell..... he's made it a private auction. This is to hide the bidders' identities so no-one can contact them to tell them they're bidding on a rep.

Agree 100% this guy knows for SURE its a rep.....he keeps mentioning "it may be a replica, but its great anyway"....and one more thing....HE SAYS THAT SOMEONE OFFERED HIM 2K IF ITS A REP???? YOU F'IN KIDDING ME?????????? What a tool.

Seemed to me he was trying to say it's a rep without actually saying it, as you know if he came right out and said it's a rep ebay would cancel his auction. IMO anyone who bid on that thinking it was real deserved to get shafted, and he didn't make it a private auction it's a new thing that ebay have done, if you look now the auctions over you can see the winning bidders name.

Seemed to me he was trying to say it's a rep without actually saying it, as you know if he came right out and said it's a rep ebay would cancel his auction.
So you agree that he lied about the true nature of the watch, to avoid his listing being cancelled. Rather than applaud the seller's ability to sucessfully flout eBay rules and sell a fake watch without mentioning the word "fake", I am more concerned about him trying to con someone out of thousands of dollars.

IMO anyone who bid on that thinking it was real deserved to get shafted
You don't seem to realise that one of the fundamental reasons for this board's existence is to educate buyers so they can spot the good dealers from the unscrupulous ones. Those of us with a moral compass will warn others who do not have the benefit of the knowledge this board has given us. Since you're obviously happy with him conning people, I wonder if your views would change if the person being conned was a friend or family member.