When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Resizing Bracelet

nietzsche0904

I am getting a PO soon, but I know that i will have to resize it... knowing that it has pins and rollers does it need a special too to resize?

I don't really want to take it to a dealer; i did so with a Rolex 11610 and although they did resize it for free, the experience made me nervous...

yes... you'll need a link pin removing tool. I use this particular one with my omega PO, but it took some time figuring out:

http://www.amazon.com/Watch-Band-Remover-E...8&s=jewelry

The thing with this tool is that it only pushes the Bracelet Pin halfway out. I tried to grab it with a pair of pliers to pull it the rest out, but ended up breaking the pin. I eventually figured out a workaround but taking one of the spare pins for the tool and breaking it. Taking that small piece, i use put it into the bracelet when the pin is halfway out, and use the tool to push the rest of the pin out.

To reattach the braclet, i remove the pinpusher from the tool. I then screw down on the pin without the pinpusher.

that's what i have to go through at least - taken my bracelet apart dozens of times.