When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

stop second lever on 2836

richard591

Could someone remind me of the sequence for re-attaching the stop second lever on a 2836. Mine doesn't stop at present and the last time it  happened, the lever had jumped off it's peg. May have done that while I was rebuilding the keyless works, because it was ok before.

If I remember correctly, it was as follows.

1. Remove winding rotor.

2. Remove winding bridge.

3. Remove second bridge underneath winding bridge to expose the stop lever, then put back on peg and reassemble.

4. All of above with power run down completely,  so no power.

Have I remembered correctly?

Many thanks.

Richard

Thanks for the prompt reply freddy.

As it happens, I subsequently found notes I made the last time I did this years ago. Must have had a very uncharacteristic sense of efficiency that day.

So, the sequence is this.

1. Remove auto winding rotor - 1 screw.

2. Remove auto winding bridge - 2 blued screws.

3. Remove  barrel bridge - 3 chromed screws.

4. Once the barrel bridge is off you have the stop lever directly underneath. It can then be either replaced or just relocated on its pin if its jumped off.

5. Coincidentally, while the barrel bridge is off, you can also get to some parts of the keyless works from underneath to correct certain faults if you've pushed too hard on the button to remover the winding stem. That can also be done with the movement still in the watch, which saves all the agony otherwise. I did it once many years ago and it worked. I think it may have been an RWG member who described that fix.

6. Finally reassemble in reverse order

On the matter of the keyless works and rebuilding that, there is an excellent tutorial with large photos and sequence descriptions on this on the following web link. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rebuilding+keyless+works+on+eta+2836+movement&sa=N&biw=1920&bih=925&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=-bwiayC1O3bBFM%3A%2C8gUwMbvWzny2nM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQqwNj96pooOK6azgLRAOBfHuTSRg&ved=2ahUKEwj1xdCTos7nAhUS1hoKHWdaDTY4ChD1ATAFegQICRAF&udm=2#vhid=XP04XPVOaxH7_M&vssid=mosaic

Hope this is helpful.

Richard