When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bce: How Do I Change The Bracelet?

MikeC65

I have Angus's BCE, grey dial and black subdials... it's AWESOME. :wub: Now, could someone please tell me how I get the steel bracelet off so I can try the leather strap? I am sure it's something obvious but I have no idea how. Yes, I know I am clueless :cc_confused:

Springbars. You have to use a springbar tool or a small screwdriver to remove the springbars.

The fit of the bracelet is fairly snug, so you need to first loosen the spring bar on the 7:00 side and then the 5:00 side to slide the bracelet out from the bottom of the watch, and then loosen the sprinbar on the 11:00 and 1:00 positions at the top of the watch.

These are stubborn rascals. It took me longer than most other springbars to free them up so I could swap my leather band for the metal bracelet. But once you lift one of the springbars from any of the four holes you will realize what you need to do to free them from the other three corners.

Good luck.

By the way, I have the exact same watch with the deep rep leather strap. A gorgeous combination.