When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Smp Bracelet Help

dcrooz

Hi everyone, hoping some one can offer me some advice. The part that helps lock the bracelet on my SMP has come off and it won't stay put any longer. I don't know how to describe it better so I'll just show some pics instead...

This is how it should look...

post-69-1170937621_thumb.jpg

But this is how it is...

post-69-1170937726_thumb.jpg

The question is can I fix it or do I just need a new bracelet?

Many thanks!

You are lucky it did not pop off never to be seen again.

Structural epoxy or JB Weld will fix it just fine.

Usil

Thanks The Zigmeister and Usil.

I've never used either structural epoxy or JB Weld - would you know where I could get some, how much it costs and how difficult the actual job is?

Many thanks

Structural epoxy A4 Metalset and JB weld can be found with google.

If your only gluing it in place, mix the glue up, put some on the pin that fits into the bracelet, insert the pin into the bracelet, clean the excess glue, and let it harden...

RG

Thanks The Zigmeister, I've looked it up on google and think I can get some locally. When you say 'mix the glue' is that the glue and the hardener I have to mix? I'm sure it will come with instructions so don't worry if you don't have time to respond.

Well, I will be giving this a go maybe a bit later on - and it will have saved me $44 for the bracelet + $28 shipping - $10 for the JB Weld - so a saving of $62 to go towards servicing and luming by your good self!!

Cheers!

Sounds good, mixing is like any epoxy, 1/2 and 1/2 of the two tubes...

Have fun, nothing like doing it yourself and the personal satisfaction you get when your all done.

RG

Let's hope so! Just bought some jb weld on ebay - should be here in a couple of days and then we'll see. Looking forward to it to be honest, hopefully won't [censored] it up, although there's not too much to f*ck up to be honest!

Cheers,