When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Went To Rolex Dealer Today Re-tt Sub

tonyp1

Well Ive posted a bunch about this. Ive been quite curious about the flaws of my TT subs. So I went to the official rolex dealer I never wear my fakes in there as the gentlemen that normally waits on me ( servicing of the 1680 and GMT ) might inquire about my watch. Any ways he saw me staring at the new TT SUB and offered to let me see it . This watch last year was $7300 now its $7800. I dont if he was trying to get me to peel open my pocket book but he informed that the TT Subs will be going up 10% a Year for the fore seeable future. Rolex seems to think that its TT Subs are too much of a bargain considering the money that some of the lesser known marks are charging. Back to the watch, my first reaction is that my fake has almost spot on blue. Second thing is the Rolex is now using a printing technique that is almost three dimensional when I say three dimensional I mean the printing is so thick that the letters are actually raised above the dial. Whereas on the fake they are flush. Finally the date magnifier is no longer 2.5 Id say 2.0. Over all the the watches looked very similar even the weight to me seemed similar with the fake only seeming to be slightly lighter. The Gold on the Gen was the exact same color as my fake what was noticeable was the finish. The Gens gold is not as mirror finish as the fake but I had to stand with it for almost a minute in bright sun light to spot this. These are my observations if anyone has anything to add or contradict I welcome you.

BTW I found this amazing. I tried to find out how many ounces of gold are in the TT subs and for humor I suggest it might be plated. The watch maker over heard and became offended and stated "Rolex has not plated watches since the Mid 70s datejust . Even then the plating was so thick it was label CAPPED" So Rolex did plate watches at one time.

Edited by tonyp1