When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen Ultimate Fiddy

Mojua

I’m leaning toward the new Davidsen, but my question is does it have the ‘broad dagger’ swan’s neck? I can’t tell from the pic that’s listed. Also, anyone prefer Andrew’s, or Eddie’s, or Angus’ most recent 127? Price not really an issue (cause even w/ a Greg Crazy Horse I’m still at less than 5% of OEM). Aside from the really obvious things to look for like proper engraving, swan’s neck, cannon pin, dagger, the Davidsen seems to be the most accurate with regard to the AR layer, lume, and the overall fit and finish (I have noticed on some of the reps that there’s just too big a gap between the edge of the bezel and the edge of the case)…

So anyway…if the Davidsen doesn’t come with the dagger, is there someone here who has the part and can do the mod? I’ve heard awesome things about ‘Finepics’, but that dude seems really busy already…

Finally, I’ve never had a rep before and I am no watchdoctor…will I need to send it in for a day at the spa (cleaning, lube, calibration) right away, or can I wing it for a while?

Cheers and thanks!

I’m leaning toward the new Davidsen, but my question is does it have the ‘broad dagger’ swan’s neck? I can’t tell from the pic that’s listed. Also, anyone prefer Andrew’s, or Eddie’s, or Angus’ most recent 127? Price not really an issue (cause even w/ a Greg Crazy Horse I’m still at less than 5% of OEM). Aside from the really obvious things to look for like proper engraving, swan’s neck, cannon pin, dagger, the Davidsen seems to be the most accurate with regard to the AR layer, lume, and the overall fit and finish (I have noticed on some of the reps that there’s just too big a gap between the edge of the bezel and the edge of the case)…

So anyway…if the Davidsen doesn’t come with the dagger, is there someone here who has the part and can do the mod? I’ve heard awesome things about ‘Finepics’, but that dude seems really busy already…

Finally, I’ve never had a rep before and I am no watchdoctor…will I need to send it in for a day at the spa (cleaning, lube, calibration) right away, or can I wing it for a while?

Cheers and thanks!

Upgrade your membership to "member", and check out the dealer review section for davidsen. You will be able to find out more info on his product quality.

As far as the movement goes, check out the how-to / watch repair section and you can find out EVERYTHING you need to know about each movement, including when it needs to be serviced, etc.

Lastly, use a search, cause I know there has been a lot of debate one when to service movements, you can find out a lot that way! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Regards..

Upgrade your membership to "member", and check out the dealer review section for davidsen. You will be able to find out more info on his product quality.

As far as the movement goes, check out the how-to / watch repair section and you can find out EVERYTHING you need to know about each movement, including when it needs to be serviced, etc.

Lastly, use a search, cause I know there has been a lot of debate one when to service movements, you can find out a lot that way! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Regards..

Word! Thanks for the heads up Dak. I paid for the membership upgrade yesterday, but haven't heard anything yet...paypal prolly still processing the payment or something. I'll definitely check out the dealer reviews as soon as I gain access. With regard to servicing movements, I'm all too familiar with the protocol when it comes to Gens, have just been reading a lot about ‘dry’ gears and dirt/lint in rep movements , and wasn’t sure if it’s a problem across the board, or if it’s dealer/manufacturer specific…I’ll look into it. Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
Word! Thanks for the heads up Dak. I paid for the membership upgrade yesterday, but haven't heard anything yet...paypal prolly still processing the payment or something. I'll definitely check out the dealer reviews as soon as I gain access. With regard to servicing movements, I'm all too familiar with the protocol when it comes to Gens, have just been reading a lot about ‘dry’ gears and dirt/lint in rep movements , and wasn’t sure if it’s a problem across the board, or if it’s dealer/manufacturer specific…I’ll look into it. Cheers!

Are there any dealer-reviews for the Ultimate Fiddy from Davidsen?