When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reluming A Navitimer Serie Speciale?

Rob1

The rep I wear most often is my Navitimer Serie Speciale with eta 7750 movement. I think it's a very good rep, it keeps great time and lives very comfortably on my wrist. My only disappointment is the lume which is very weak. Is there any way to relume this watch to make it possible to read the time at night? Does re-luming a watch run the risk of damaging the dial or the hands?

Is there a watchsmith in the UK that is recommended for doing this kind of work on a rep?

The rep I wear most often is my Navitimer Serie Speciale with eta 7750 movement. I think it's a very good rep, it keeps great time and lives very comfortably on my wrist. My only disappointment is the lume which is very weak. Is there any way to relume this watch to make it possible to read the time at night? Does re-luming a watch run the risk of damaging the dial or the hands?

Is there a watchsmith in the UK that is recommended for doing this kind of work on a rep?

you should get in touch with Finepics - he has done great mods for the UK based members here...just search the members directory

Finepics is very good. I currently have Navitimer with him at the moment undergoing some work. Don't expect a reply from him too promptly, he is away at the moment, and dealing with a tought time at the moment, he has submitted a post somewhere explaining this. I would recommend contacting him nearer the end of the month!!

James