When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help Needed - What Would You Do?

mumum

I am confused :shocking: . Since I can only spend so much, I have to make a hard decision. Currently I have a MBW vintage DSRD that has been modded to some degree:

genuine vintage crown/tube

swiss made bezel insert

holes drilled for spring bars

vintage bracelet with hollow links

paint removed from case-back

new improved 'Clark' superdome crystal ordered

I was planning on sending the watch (and superdome) to get futher modded (dials, pearl insert ect), but with this all said and done, I could instead sell the watch (and save the extra I was going to spend on the further mods) and buy the HBB and the Roger Dubuis rep (or some other cool $300 or so rep).

These two are also favorites. Now with the restriction of funds (no I cant have it all) what would you guys do/suggest? Why? appreciate your input.Thanks.

Keep it you will miss it, been there and done that!!! If some one knows i know!!!

//robi

I was suprised you got rid of it, being that your signiture has a rollie and Pam.

By the way, the score is one for and one against...thanks for making my head spin;-).

Edited by mumum

Hmmmm... Tough call. Can you afford to forego some of the MBW mods and use that money to buy an HBB second hand instead (while keeping the MBW)? For me, it's always tough to determine if a watch is worth keeping unless I have it in hand to try on, wear, etc; I don't have enough fingers to count how many times I bought a watch based on pics only to have said watch fall short on expectation when received (and consequently sold). I feel that the HBB might fall into that category...

Just my $0.02... If you said that the MBW never gets wrist time, the answer would be a little easier...

Hmmmm... Tough call. Can you afford to forego some of the MBW mods and use that money to buy an HBB second hand instead (while keeping the MBW)? For me, it's always tough to determine if a watch is worth keeping unless I have it in hand to try on, wear, etc; I don't have enough fingers to count how many times I bought a watch based on pics only to have said watch fall short on expectation when received (and consequently sold). I feel that the HBB might fall into that category...

Just my $0.02... If you said that the MBW never gets wrist time, the answer would be a little easier...

Good points, personally, I want to keep the MBW and maybe foregoing any further mods might be the best (with cost of parts, thinking will save close enough for a HBB). I never, thought about it until you said that once trying actually something one would have a better idea; I like the MBW that it makes me want to mod away. However, i guess, the eventual cost-return on investment-pleasure issue came up. Its interesting, as I think this is something we may all wrestle with and only ones own 'feelings/tastes' can finally decide.

kruzer, actually I dont really mind either sizes. Would be easier though if I had a 'manly' wrist ;) .

Edited by mumum

i wouldnt get teh HBB till they get it right and i dont know much about the Roger and how correct it is , but the mbw is a classic, i would not do any mods and just keep it in your collection and then get u one of the other ones to see how u like them

just my two cents

joe

i wouldnt get teh HBB till they get it right and i dont know much about the Roger and how correct it is , but the mbw is a classic, i would not do any mods and just keep it in your collection and then get u one of the other ones to see how u like them

just my two cents

joe

Thanks Joe. Just so others know, its Joe that I plan on having mod further my MBW. I had already contacted him about it (and infact was sure on that that I ordered the CLARK superdome too), however, that was before all this with money restrictions, greed for more watches ect. I appreciate his feedback and that of all who replied. With that I have decided to keep the MBW. hold of further mods(for the moment) and maybe get a HBB a little later. I know one thing, the MBW is a classic. Thanks all. Finally :rolleyes: .

Edited by mumum