When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Noobmaster...

longshot

I've been really wanting something new to hold me over till chinese new years is over. i have a nice eta red/black gmt master II and like it a lot i but i also really like the way rolex gmt's look on a bond nato strap. so when this one popped up for $75 shipped from that new dealer on the darkside i figured i would give it a try. it's an asian auto and i expect that the gmt hand will simply follow the hour hand, but since that's how i set my real gmt watches anyway that's no big deal. it's also just a mineral glass crystal instead of sapphire (or is acrylic correct?). plus the watch is in the us and the seller says it will ship tuesday so i should have it by thursday.

btw, this is not the first time i've ever bought a watch just because i have the perfect strap for it...

thought i would share some pics here and let the those who know more about rolex than me (that would be about everyone ;) ) pick it apart :bangin:

204310-870.jpg

204310-871.jpg

Yours is probably trying to be a rep of the transitional model 16710. It's not terribly accurate. The GMT hand is too thick and short, the crown is oversized, the cg's are wrongly shaped, it has SELs... etc. etc.

But hey... who cares? I love the GMT and for that price it's a nice watch. Enjoy!

PS: Here's the gen:

204316-869.jpg