When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Open The Caseback

who

What is the best & safest way to open the caseback if I don't have any professional tools for watches.

I have a 45mm u.PO and I just want to "take a look" the movement :whistling:

thanks

Hammer! and if one is not available, i will send you a good ole fangletoothed country gal from tennessee! We dont have dentist in the sticks!

What is the best & safest way to open the caseback if I don't have any professional tools for watches.

I have a 45mm u.PO and I just want to "take a look" the movement :whistling:

thanks

Smells like a disaster. I'm reminded of the time I told my Father I was fixing our perfectly fine TV.

We've heard this story before. Want to know how it turns out? Inexperienced watchsmith wannabe just wants a peek. The short list.

Scratched case back

Cross threaded case back

Distorted Gasket

Just a tiny regulator adjustment turning into a watch that runs 3 minutes fast a day......or has it's beat rate changed because you don't know what lever to move....a mechanical watch killer.

Bottom line...enjoy your replica...leave well enough alone.

Wow...such encouragement, guys! Didn't you ever want to take a look under the hood? I know I did....

@avitt, you are not alone ^_^

anyway, I understand all the concern mentioned from you guys. This is the EXACT reason why I ask the forum before I decide to pick up the pry bar to open my watch. I know there's always a risk involved when you do it FIRST TIME and I believe with proper method/instruction I can minimize the risk.

thanks again

@avitt, you are not alone ^_^

anyway, I understand all the concern mentioned from you guys. This is the EXACT reason why I ask the forum before I decide to pick up the pry bar to open my watch. I know there's always a risk involved when you do it FIRST TIME and I believe with proper method/instruction I can minimize the risk.

thanks again

This forum is a wealth of information. There is qualified instruction regarding virtually any procedure that you may want to perform. If you're interested in tinkering with watches, I do suggest that you pick up a few proper tools.

I will tell you this: If you have the interest, the desire, a few tools, a bit of spare change, and some fine mechanical skills, you can become one of the top replica modders IN THE WORLD... within one year.

Good luck :thumbsupsmileyanim: