When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Panerai Models From Josh Have The Correct Cannon Pin?

justaguy88

I'm hearing that certain models now come with the cannon pin flush with the hands. Is this correct?

I have never bought anything from him so take my comments for what they are. I have been thinking about buying a Pam 111 or 177 and his version, provided it is ok, is on my short list. (It is 100 usd cheaper than Davidsens titan version) I have gotten the impression that it has until recently been rather unusual that the Swiss made ETA/Unitas has been modified with a longer cannon pin, whereas the asian versions have had it for a longer time. If you look at Joshuas web page you see that he has exactly the same pictures for the Swiss ETA as for the Asian version. This means that the watch on the picture either has a Swiss or an Asian movement. So my advice is to ask Joshua before you buy the watch.

http://watchwindersworld.com/panerai-lumin...mm-c-35_40.html

I don't even know that we are talking about a longer cannon pin at all on Josh's model. I believe that from looking at Vacuum's review the dial is just much thinner which allows the swiss short cannon to be flush. I could be wrong, but that was my take on it. Either way Jos's 036 is awesome right out of the box. If you never plan on replacing the dial, then there is no problem with leaving the flush pin as is.