When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner Bezel

Tim

Does anyone have a feel for the current crop of bezel inserts and how they fit? I am looking for something that doesn't need to be modified. The first rep I bought (from goreplicas before I figured out how everything works in the rep world) has always looked wrong to me and I couldn't figure out why. It was a kermit LV Sub. It is a nice rep overall but I had to go over just about every edge on the thing with a dremel since it was sharp enough to use as a weapon. **...it was reported that the attacker was killed by a Rolex watch**

The hands definitely looked wrong, and I just ordered a set of maxi hands from Andrew thinking that will do the trick. I also ordered another LV at the same time--mostly to compare and probably to give away to a friend. The price on the sub is so reasonable these days for the quality. Once getting a look at a really good rep, I see the exact problem.

goreplica took what was the standard black bezel rep of the time and stuck a green bezel insert on the thing. So actually the hands and dial markers are good, just good for a standard submariner instead of the LV. So instead of sticking the new hands on the thing if I stick a black bezel insert on it everything will be copacetic. I read the threads I could find in the forum about sub bezel mods and they mention that all of them need to be modified to work. Are there any out there that don't require modifying?

I want to keep this sub as a reminder to myself to always do my research before opening my wallet. That and I put so much work into it already smoothing out the edges and some other things.

/Tim