When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quality Control

Spoooooonz

One thing that has always bugged me with reps is the lack of quality control. It was one thing to have poor QC on junk watches made out of pot metal with shitty movements, but it's quite another for otherwise well made watches with ETA movements to be spoilt because the markers on the dial are crooked, or something else isn't quite right. Sure, these are reps, and their manufacture isn't exactly legal, but it does not cost any more to make it right than it does to make a mess of it. With the prices of reps creeping up with new Hublot anf Breitling reps coming in at $400+ QC has to improve. The factories that make these reps also produce a lot of legit watches for a variety of different companies. I can't imagine the poor QC would be accepted by those clients, so clearly there is no obstacle at the production level to better QC. I've often wondered why some dealers don't offer some sort of extra QC check on their watches for which they say a bit extra. I know I'd be prepared to pay quite a bit more if I could be sure the watch I was going to receive was not defective.

It's simple: don't buy from the dropshippers. I'm not saying this will eliminate all the QC issues... but I only buy from fellow trusted members and dealers who ship their own stock... and I've yet to receive a defective watch.