When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What will you do if you loose 500

Stephane

Hi All,

I will not and never say when, where and who is involved in this, but here is what happened.

I lost 2 watches (let's call them Breitling) seized by customs and that I bought months before discovering RWG and of course over payed.

The intention was to send them to my fav dealer to get them fixed while ordering more watches from the same dealer.

While sending I stated I use registered mail to send and want registered mail to get them back.

The watches are sent back by EMS by the dealer's watch smith without the watch smith checking with dealer what I asked for.

All though I got the letter from customs and heard customs say when calling them "fake Breitling in the pack Sir", the dealer said: I never sent back the Breitling, I don't even have a tracking number for that. I sent your order of an AP Watch by EMS".

Now, today (after say 40 days), the dealer say "I confirm that the Breitling were sent back by my watch smith with EMS tracking XXXX"

Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, the dealer is unlikely to make you whole on the Breitlings as he didn't sell them to you. Forget about the watchsmith of course. What I would suggest is to ask the dealer if he could give you a very good price on the breitlling(s) if you still want them. Of course I would hold off on sending any more money until you receive the AP and the Omega.

My rule of thumb on broken watches is to try and get them fixed by one of our watchsmiths or locally. If a watch comes broken from a dealer I send it back directly to him. He can decide whether to fix it or send a new one.

My rule of thumb on broken watches is to try and get them fixed by one of our watchsmiths or locally. If a watch comes broken from a dealer I send it back directly to him. He can decide whether to fix it or send a new one.

Thanks for your kind words Kruzer.

Actually I don't know how to find a local watchsmith. Most of the ones in my area do not want to touch reps.

Cheers

Stephane

Hi all,

At the end of the day, it's over 800$ that are lost (a third watch was seized in the meantime).

After a very nice email exchange with my dealer I suggested that we share the losses as at the end of the day I asked many times to use registred mail only.

I stated that if it wasn't the case that I asked for registered mail, I would simply take 100% of the loss.

This dealer is a real gentleman: we split the loss 50/50.

I'll keep you posted about:

1. What shipping type was used when I receive the other watch ?

2. What was in the package.

Cheers

Stephane