When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA Mainspring Winder Needed

Is there a generic mainspring winder for ETA movements or does each ETA movement require a special winder?

Specifically, I need to replace the mainspring in an ETA 2846 and need to purchase a winder (and mainspring). I didn't see a winder for the 2846 listed on ofrei (the only one listed is for a 2892). I guess I should probably also ask if anyone knows which mainspring I need for the 2846 since ofrei doesn't to list their mainsprings by movement brand and model. Is there a table or guide online that lists this info?

Thanks NRG. I tried winding (actually re-winding) my present spring by hand and [censored]'d it all up. I did this once before with a proper winder, several years ago on a Bulova watch, and it went like clockwork (no pun intended). I have about 3 Rolex rep watches right now, each with a different ETA, that need new springs. So I think I should probably locate the proper winder or winders since I will probably need to do this again sometime in the future.