When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

visual difference between the Valjoux movements

EuroTimez

Hi, The Zigmeister

I read many post of yours, and it looks like your the man to ask these kinda questions.

Am sorry if i come across dumb since i dont know so much abt the valjoux movements.

But how can you see visually (the movement is in one piece not unscrewed), if you open the back of a Rolex Daytona (running seconds at 6 oclock & correct subdails spacing) if it is a ETA valjoux, old version valjoux of new version valjoux???

What esp interest me is the new version valjoux from the old one because you said it is in par with ETA one, but obviously cheaper how do i recongize it.

Do you have any pictures? And could they be marked, cuz my english is not as good, i understand most part just not the technical words sometimes. I saw the pictures from your post but i cant see the difference.

Thanks for any help, you can offer.

Here is a genuine ETA 7750, a watch with one of these is going to be $500 or more…

19463-2588.jpg

Here is the OLD Asian copy, any watch under $500 probably has this model, look at the finish, it’s very shiny and chrome looking…Asian is the one on the right, the ETA is on the left

OLD Asian on RIGHT

19463-2589.jpg

Here is the NEW Asian 7750, note the finish is close to the one of the ETA 7750, but there are some differences, the balance wheel hairspring is attached with a stud and there are no markings on the movement.

NEW Asian 7750

19463-2590.jpg

This is an ETA movement, balance hairspring is attached with removable stud, and there are markings on the movement and the fine regulator is there also on the balance [censored]…

ETA 7750

19463-2588.jpg

And this is the NEW Asian copy, compare the two and you can see the differences…

Asian 7750

19463-2590.jpg

19463-2593.jpg

The real test is to ask the dealer if the movement is new or old asian, if it’s a ETA, then the price should tell you, your not likely to get a real ETA 7750 in a watch under $500…

RG

Edited by ziggyzumba

So the main visual difference is that thing next to the balance wheel, in the ETA, old Asian & new asian they're all different right???

Thank you so very much, i cant ask my dealer because i am sort of him I just didnt know these details about the valjoux and it was quite confusing. My supplier is asian and they dont know the technical parts they just sell what they got. I checked it out with my own personal 2005/2006 daytona white with black-subdails & photo's i took from my other daytona's, and it all has the new asian movement. Mainly why i was asking is because i only want to offer the best in it's price class so if the new asian movement is way better and almost in par with ETA like you said. Then i can rest assured that i deliver good stuff and not the crappy old asian 7750. Thanks so much once again.

post-935-1144301881.jpg

post-935-1144302193.jpg

Edited by Eurowatch

So the main visual difference is that thing next to the balance wheel, in the ETA, old Asian & new asian they're all different right???

The regulator on the balance wheel arm is one difference, the other very noticeable difference is the finish, the new ones are all flat or not chromed finish which is very easy to see, the OLD 7750 is chromed and very shiney and like a mirror...

Thank you so very much, i cant ask my dealer because i am sort of him I just didnt know these details about the valjoux and it was quite confusing. My supplier is asian and they dont know the technical parts they just sell what they got. I checked it out with my own personal 2005/2006 daytona white with black-subdails & photo's i took from my other daytona's, and it all has the new asian movement. Mainly why i was asking is because i only want to offer the best in it's price class so if the new asian movement is way better and almost in par with ETA like you said. Then i can rest assured that i deliver good stuff and not the crappy old asian 7750. Thanks so much once again.

post-935-1144301881.jpgpost-935-1144302193.jpg

The picture you show is of the new Asian model, but keep in mind that these daytona models with the running seconds at 6 can have problems, see my review in the above section on the New Daytona model and all the extra gears...

Glad to help,

RG

The regulator on the balance wheel arm is one difference, the other very noticeable difference is the finish, the new ones are all flat or not chromed finish which is very easy to see, the OLD 7750 is chromed and very shiney and like a mirror...

The picture you show is of the new Asian model, but keep in mind that these daytona models with the running seconds at 6 can have problems, see my review in the above section on the New Daytona model and all the extra gears...

Glad to help,

RG

Thanks you :thumbs: your the best, thanks for your quick reply.