When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

how to remove dials and stem from an omega 861 caliber?

Hi The Zigmeister,

thanks! how do I remove the dial and how should I install the tiny sub dial hands? I noticed that the diameter of the bic pen ink tube is much wider than the tiny sub dial hands. THnanks!

It's not a button, it's a screw next to the stem center line, just in from the edge of the movement. Same procedure with any screw down set lever to get it to release, like the 6497 has...

RG

Hi Ziggy,

thanks! how do I remove the dial and how should I install the tiny sub dial hands? I noticed that the diameter of the bic pen ink tube is much wider than the tiny sub dial hands. THnanks!

First off, ditch the bic pen, and buy a Bergeron hand installer tool...less than $20. Get the one with the RED and GREY tips, it works great.

The dial is most likely held down by screws on the side of the movement, find them, loosen them and the dial should come off.

Proper tooling is essential when doing this, especially hand install and removal.

RG

decent vision and great eye hand coordination and a lot of knowledge would probably be a big help too ;)

that's why i'm never gonna try any of this stuff!

Agree...there is always a fine line between asking how to do a particular job, and realizing that if you have no idea how to do the job in the first place, maybe, just maybe, your could be in over your head...

Proper basic tools, loupe, tweezers, hand removal and installation, dust blower, screwdrivers, etc, are essential and need for even the most mundane tasks, unless your FlipLockBuckle, then just grab the hockey puck from the kids, and your a watchmaker!

RG

LOL. Thanks for the advices! :)

It's just so darn exciting to tackle a job I have never done before.

Agree...there is always a fine line between asking how to do a particular job, and realizing that if you have no idea how to do the job in the first place, maybe, just maybe, your could be in over your head...

Proper basic tools, loupe, tweezers, hand removal and installation, dust blower, screwdrivers, etc, are essential and need for even the most mundane tasks, unless your FlipLockBuckle, then just grab the hockey puck from the kids, and your a watchmaker!

RG