When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any problems with "smoothing" the crowns on my reps?

Blackrain

After picking up a 4th gen PO, a "perfect" LV sub from Paul, and a gen Bulova TT sub, I have noticed that even with a "loose" bracelet fit, the crowns on these three watches are starting to irritate me. I've taken the cape cod cloth to them all, but I feel like it's going to take something like 600 grit automotive sandpaper, followed by 800/ 1500/2000 more cape cod cloth to really "smooth" them down. Besides the fact that it will be difficult to do evenly, time consuming, and will remove the TT finish from the Bulova crown, are there other reasons why I should just learn to live with this nuisance? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe some accupuncture will put things in perspective..........

217168-15364.jpg

Your watch's loose fit is probably the problem. It allows the watch to slide up your wrist, bringing the crown into contact with the bones in the back of your hand when you bend it (your wrist, not the crown). I'm not sure that modifying the surface of the crown is the best move. Instead, you might either try wearing your watch further up your arm and with a tighter grip (so it can't travel down to your wrist), or try spinning it around 180 degrees and wearing it on the inside of your wrist. That way, since the bones are further away from the inside of your wrist, the crown probably won't bother it as much.

Or, if you are into Botox..