When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 - stem seems to jam during re-insertion

subzero1

So, I had my SMP disassembled in order to get the glass ar coated. When I started re-assembling everything there was some resistance when re-inserting the crown. In fact it wouldn't catch and engage all the way in until I actually started to screw the crown down.

But now I notice a couple of issues - 1st, the crono buttons do nothing now. pressing them has no results, nothing stops, starts, or resets. 2nd, if I manually wind the watch using the crown, the rotor starts to spin like crazy. When I stop winding the crown, the rotor stops.

Any ideas on what the problem could be and how to fix it? I've got no problems opening the case & removing the movement, but am at a loss for what to do after that.

OK, got the chrono fixed, it was a small metal level that acts as a spring - it had slipped and it was just a matter of resetting it to fix the chrono function - woohoo!

For the crown, I removed it and used a more sturdy tool to depress the release button during re-insertion. That seems to have addressed the problem there as well. Thanks for the replies :)