When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

160xx, how do I secure the dial and how do I prevent hands from hitting markers

pitimany

I try the copper dial feet, but they were on the way of the date overlay.

218919-15022.jpg

218919-15023.jpg

The markers are on the way of the minute hand : thumbdown:

The movement is a 2836. Do I need to change the hour and minute cannon?

I'm confused, any help will be appreciated.

ThX

Edited by pitimany

You may have to replace the cannon pin and hour wheel, and the seconds wheel, to get the clearance you need.

With the dial on the movement, the hour wheel post should stick up past the dial face, if it doesn't, then you need longer parts.

I actually just did this mod on a few movements that were going to be used in this type of installation, all new minute, hour and seconds wheels...it was the only way to get the hands to clear the dial face.

RG

Thanks Rob.

If I have to replace the cannon pin and hour wheel, and the seconds wheel, I may need to ask your help.

If the 2836 has the "normal" height parts, the longest ones available are 0.50mm longer and should be long enough to clear the dial face.

All three have to be changed, the hour, cannon, and minute wheels.

RG

Thanks Rob.

If I have to replace the cannon pin and hour wheel, and the seconds wheel, I may need to ask your help.

The Cannon and hour are pretty easy to change... the fourth wheel you will definately need Rob's help... and while he is at it, you might as well have him give your movement a full overhaul.

I would agree. I just had The Zigmeister do 5 2824 movments for me, using the higher wheels. They fit perfect for 15000 and 16000 series dj's. I would not recommend that you try replacing the wheels your self unless you have some watch repair experience. The Zigmeister is very fair and very good.

The other option for you is to find a used DJ here on the boards and do a transplant. This works very well.

Over the last year or so I have built about 15 DJ's, form bublebacks to the late 90's 16000 series. its been a lot of fun and I will show pictures soon with some instructions.

hope this helps