When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Conversion of Comex to Great White

Watchmeister

I got tired of owning a watch I never wear. It is tough for me to wear a rep of a gen which no one actually wears (too valuable) so I decided to convert my MBW Comex. This particular watch has great provenance as it was the first of subsequent Ziggified MBW's. The conversion project began when I was bitching to Ubi and he mentioned that he happened to have a white dial in that bottomless parts box of his (I am convinced it is bolted to the floor and there is a trap door underneath). So the dial was off to Ziggy for his vintage relume. Of course the watch had already had the benefit of casework, crown and tube, springbars and cg's by the Master. Add one of Ubi's custom inserts and you have one hell of a watch. Of course, it would not be complete without a vintage overlay. As this watch was one of the test watches for the Vintage Overlays this actually has an earlier version and not the final. Oh well, someday. ;) Enough with the intro, here are the pics:

220016-14788.jpg

220016-14789.jpg

220016-14790.jpg

220016-14791.jpg

Next up will be my 1680 (when I find that crystal). :lol:

Great watch, Kruzer! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Glad you finally got everything sorted out with the project.

The date wheel may not be from the final production run but it looks much better than mine. :lol:

The Tropic 127 for your 1680 should be an easy find. If alll else fails, Astorlive on Ebay usually has factory sealed stock for around $49.00.

Added: How did your case back come out?