When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie needs help with damaged Sub

budracer1

Hey guys.Well long story short i broke the case tube on my rep sub.I had a friend (jeweler) to epoxy it and all was well for a few days until i hit my wrist against a door casing and the crown is now gone.I was going to try and get a stem,tube and crown but im not sure what size or any of those details,or if the piece of tube will be successfully removed from the case.So i was considering just trying to find a case with stem and crown included but will just any stem work with my movement?As of right now im not sure what movement this is maybe someone can identify it.This sub is a very good rep and i bought it cheap and have really enjoyed wearing so i would really like to fix.Im very new to this stuff guys so if i sound stupid its probably because i am when it comes to watches.But i sure know how to wear them!

The case says ORIG R**EX DESIGN 11610 on 1 side and STAINLESS STEEL X41900 on the other.

Suggestions:

Thanks in advance JB

here are pics of the movement and broken stem.there is no writing on the movement other than a + and - sign.

If someone could identify the movement so that i might get the right stem,and i may need a new case if anyone has one they want to part with.Maybe im crazy for trying to fix but......LOL

post-5974-1174538224_thumb.jpg

post-5974-1174538241_thumb.jpg

post-5974-1174538341_thumb.jpg

post-5974-1174538357_thumb.jpg

post-5974-1174538371_thumb.jpg

Sorry to burst your bubble...but this is not really a very good rep... that movement is a very cheap chinese one, commonly found in lower-end reps. To buy a similar new movement will cost you appr. 12 $ with a stem. http://cousinsuk.com/default.aspx?disp=pro...roductid=462411 - Ofrei in the US also carries something like this.

Having said that - to get a tube, crown and stem for this - apparently "cheap" rep, and then have all that installed by a pro (which you say you're not) is not really worth the effort, since this level reps are available for 60 to 90$ new. Have a look at the "links" section, check out what the dealers here on the board are offering - get a new one.

Sorry to burst your bubble...but this is not really a very good rep... that movement is a very cheap chinese one, commonly found in lower-end reps. To buy a similar new movement will cost you appr. 12 $ with a stem. http://cousinsuk.com/default.aspx?disp=pro...roductid=462411 - Ofrei in the US also carries something like this.

Having said that - to get a tube, crown and stem for this - apparently "cheap" rep, and then have all that installed by a pro (which you say you're not) is not really worth the effort, since this level reps are available for 60 to 90$ new. Have a look at the "links" section, check out what the dealers here on the board are offering - get a new one.

You may be right if your opinion is based on the movement but the appearance is great.The watch kept great time.I have a friend who can do the repairs but i maybe ill just get a new one.

Thanks

That looks an awful lot like the movement in my "beginermariner" from Josh. Sure it's a pretty cheap watch at $108 shipped, but it looks pretty darn nice. and mine also manages to keep excellent time (about +5 per day) If it was my sub that was busted I'd try to fix it for $12. Failing that... I'd probably do some more research and find another Sub with an ETA that looks as nice as the one I have. Either way good luck.

*If the watch looks REALLY good you might also consider spending the money to have The Zigmeister put in a gen crown and aftermarket tube, I haven't spent the money on that yet, but I've heard nothing but praise for The Zigmeister and his work.

That is an ST6D chinese movement and yes, it can be bought for less that $20 USD; but, it is also a good movement and will probably last you a long time. While there is some correlation between price and quality, it is not linear. ETA movements are better, but your movement is fine. I have never had a problem with an STD6...they seems to be more reliable than many of the chinese Miyota Clones. Just get your crown tube fixed.