When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP or SMP Chrono?

jomama

Looks like that does it boys. Its the SMP for me. Now I have to decide which dealer. Any insights? The only issue I will have a hard time resolving is the pearl. I can fix the bezel alignment pretty easy.

If you're definitely going for the SMP, I have a quick suggestion... If you were considering the Chrono for a 'sportier feel', how about ordering the SMP, and then swapping the SS bracelet for the resin strap? I was originally planning on putting a decent SMP bracelet on my 2531.80 project watch, but, put a rubber strap on it today, and I rather like it, as it gives the watch a more 'rugged' look. It might be my imagination, but I think it makes the watch sit slightly 'higher' on my wrist, but I still got it under a cuff without any trouble.

TeeJay: you should post a pic. I like the ss strap on these so will probably not go resin. Your pic of watch may sway me otherwise though

No problem. I have to admit, I really like the SMP's SS bracelet, but the rubber strap gives it a more 'rugged' look compared to the more 'refined' look of the SS... Forgive the watch on the strap, it's still a work in progress :D (It is now looking 100% better than it did on it's original bracelet)

222556-14083.jpg

222556-14084.jpg

Teejay. great job! I think the rubber strap is a great look for the beach, pool and other outside activities. As Bond proved in the latest movie, I think he was wearing the PO45 with a rubber strap in theater

Thanks, and glad you liked the pics. I have to admit, when I first thought of putting the 2531.80 on a resin strap, I had my reservations. Having seen how it looks though, I really like it. It makes the watch much more 'rugged'. I was also impressed with how much nicer the watch looked with a decent strap rather than the junk bracelet it originally came with. The ultimate irony came this afternoon though. I was trying to straighten the pins (which were bent) so the top of the strap wouldn't gape away from the case. The result was the sprung section of one pin came off in my hand... I figured I might as well chuck both pins and just replace them with the pins from the donor watch when it arrives :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hope I've given you a few ideas to be mulling over :)