When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate PO ?

scotty

Hi. First post here. Done a little reading and following threads, and I very much like the discussions. Large number of characters out there - Hi to Pugwash as a fellow countryman.......

HELP :huh:

Bought a 45.5 swiss Ultimate PO from PT, UK, in January (black face/white numbers). Normally I like PAM's, but thought I'd treat myself to a PO.

Think I was lucky as everything looked pretty good. Rivals my real SMP black face for quality etc.

Even the Omega logo is straight - uprisen feet but straight ! I was a happy camper......

Problem - since January the beast has been getting faster and faster. Gains something like 1 minute in a couple of days. If left to it's own it probably would have buggered off by now.....

Also - the crown is no longer screwing in smoothly. When unscrewed, at first sounds like it's trying to wind the mechanism. Makes wee clicking noises, but no resistance pressure. Once out fully and clicked, no problem. Then to screw back - hmmm. A little iffy. That said it screws down tight (no gaps as some have found), but it's becomming more hit and miss each time trying to screw it down again.

I'm no watch expert here. Should I be getting panicky ? Is this a know problem, and what's the solution ?

My PO threads are gone. On inspection of the crown tube and crown, I found very little thread at all. IMO, this internal thread system has been poorly carried out. On the bright side, I simply shortened the stem and the watch works and looks great, just no screw down.

Andreww:

I have a PO gone back for lots of problems, threads being one of them.

Just so I know, in case my replacement has the same thread problem and I decide to keep it, exactly what did you shorten to make this work?

Usil

• 3 months later...