When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reset Chrono on inexpensive Quartz

pwygant

Greetings,

I received a couple of more watches in the mail today :thumbsupsmileyanim: and all the autos were beautiful. I also ordered an inxepensive quartz chrono as a beater but unfortunately the chrono doesn't reset to zero, just a couple of ticks to the left. Is there anything I can try to do to reset them or is this something my local watch guy needs to do?

I cut this out of a post from last year just in case I needed it.

Setting the second hand that no longer resets at 12. (Only works on Quartz)

The simplest and cheapest method to pull out the crown to the time set position and then press the top stopwatch button which advances the stopwatch hand one second. If the top button is kept pressed the stopwatch hand advances until the button is released. When the stopwatch hand reaches 12 then press in the crown. Is this a secret that only I know or is everyone trying to drum up trade for the local watchnmenders association.

Hope it helps.

Usil

Edited by Usil

Amazing what a simple and working solution this was. Much appreciated Usil! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

//Cheers

I cut this out of a post from last year just in case I needed it.

Setting the second hand that no longer resets at 12. (Only works on Quartz)

The simplest and cheapest method to pull out the crown to the time set position and then press the top stopwatch button which advances the stopwatch hand one second. If the top button is kept pressed the stopwatch hand advances until the button is released. When the stopwatch hand reaches 12 then press in the crown. Is this a secret that only I know or is everyone trying to drum up trade for the local watchnmenders association.

Hope it helps.

Usil

• 5 months later...

Wow--just used this to reset/fix a Tag Link quartz chrono---the reset on the stopwatch has been off on by a couple of seconds since I bought it.

I had decided just to ignore the issue and never use the chron, rather than fuss with attempting to fix it, since the watch is so good otherwise for daily wear.

Now it's perfect. Thanks for the tip!!