When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP: My First Rep (from MBK in Bangkok)

OrangeSpoon

These are rushed shots but they give you an idea of the watch.

Bought it in MBK for THB 2800 (approx GBP 42 or USD 84).

It was the first stall I visited and it turns out that I had amazing luck, good quality/price compared to most vendors in BKK and also most reps are absolute rubbish out there unless you trawl through mountains of watches to get to the good stuff (as advised by board members) :) some stalls wanted THB 6000 for this watch, cheeky!

Nearly bought a moon watch at the same stall but decided to save my cash for shopping in Chiang Mai, big mistake, if you find a good stall stick with it!

As you can see it has the usual problems such as mis-aligned bezel and logo print issues but all in all I am extremely happy with this watch. Good weight, great strap and its been very accurate over the three weeks I have had it so far...

222905-13984.jpg

222905-13985.jpg

222905-13986.jpg

222905-13987.jpg

222905-13988.jpg

222905-13989.jpg

Oh and the lume is a joke, only the hands make any attempt and they are very weak.

Still for the money its not bad, it will be my daily.

Waiting on a Swiss ETA PO 42mm from Andrew which should trump this one easily but customs didnt like the rep box sent it straight back to China. Andrew is going to re-send without the box.

Congrats tester ;)

nice one you picked in mbk...

Price is absolutely ok.

I was considering buyin the same one too.

Its an nice daily beater, sporty with a suit and

suitable with jeans too.

The gen is also one of the watches with

a good proportion of price and value.

At the moment im too much occupied

with different things...

The gen is also available in a 40mm version

and co-axial movement.

Maybe ill prefer the Omega Seamaster

one day as my daily beater or maybe

ill go for a black sub... i dunno.

Wear it well B)

George

thanks

i am hoping the PO i have on order (with orange bezel) will be good for casual as well, the colour will be sporty

and this SMP for work without drawing too much attention, i'm not into too flashy watches :)

the movement is automatic but its definately asian and the seconds hand isn't rolex smooth but what can you expect for only 40 smackers :)

...i wore both of them, the PO 42mm and 45mm at my AD and the Seamaster.

First i liked the design of the PO most but the watch looked a little bit funny

on my wrist... seems the case is too thick for me.

I like the Seamaster and the "waves" design of the dial a lot ;)

Told my AD to give me a call if he gets the 40mm version.

Nice casual watch...

George

Definitely a good deal for 40, but is this a fantasy watch? I thought only the 007 SMP has those hour markers. The hour markers will make re-luming super easy tho.

-bosk

yeah not sure on whether its a proper replica, but 9 times of of ten 10 i bet avg people will be initially fooled and impressed when i tell them its a fake :) (won't let them have a detailed look before springin the surprise)

Definitely a good deal for 40, but is this a fantasy watch? I thought only the 007 SMP has those hour markers.

Welllll - the Co-Axial SMP has these markers. There goes a missed opportunity - if the dial had been printed properly we'd have the first new-style SMP rep on our hands...!!

do you think its up there with the $200 reps from the dealers websites (aside from the asian movement, lume and print issues of course)?

Don't want to burst your bubble. What you have there is on a par with this. The bracelet in particular should look familiar to you!

Don't want to burst your bubble. What you have there is on a par with this. The bracelet in particular should look familiar to you!

hehe didn't think i'd be that lucky ;)

he has very resonable prices then, cause the overall quality is very good for the price i must say

glad its only an avg rep as i am hoping the PO i have on order will knock me socks off :) should do

does silix only do the cheaper reps or are his prices THAT good?

• 2 years later...

After my visits to MBK i think that all watches come from the same backroom in the mall. They (stalls) never have what you want, they (sellers) all have to run away to get it. So where do theese sellers run to get stuff? My guess is the big warehouse.. where all stalls get their stuff from.

Btw i thought i made good deals at MBK.. thoose watches have all broken down.. cheap stuff ://