When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello all....

Glad to have found this forum. I have been a watch guy for quite along time but never got into reps. Didn't know that they had become so nice. I have owned several Rolex and Omega watches. At the moment all I have is a Sandoz ETA Sub and a XL Hamilton Khaki. I want a nice watch but hate to spend thousands again. Just the thoughts of damaging or lossing a $3000 watch is scary. I have ordered my first rep., an Omega PO 42.5mm. I think it is a 4th generation, I was just confused over why it was more expensive than the new 45mm Ultimate PO.

If I can learn how to take these rep. Subs apart, I want to get a vintage Sub with the riveted band, age the dial and bezel, grind off the cgs and dull the stainless. I'd love to get a comment like "dang that's an old Sub".

Welcome to the forum. You are going to love the PO that you ordered. It has a nice heavy feeling to it and most people cannot tell it from the gen.

Hamilton watches are nice. I have the Khaki Frogman Chrono with Valjoux 7750 and the Khaki Frogman.

Again Welcome.

Hi and welcome to the forum. As a rather new member myself I feel like I have to warn you though. This site and hobby is addictive. I just got four watches, and are planning to order three more... gheez!

Anyways, good luck with it (the PO is fantastic, just got one myself) and as you are learning how to open and fiddle around with the watches, then the hobby becomes much more interresting:)...and expensive, because you will definetly break something :D

/Award