When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 196 old case

sqml

Im just wondering if you experts here could guide me on the right directions. I have an old case 196 daylight with old asian 7750 . I bought the watch 2 years ago. Im interested in doing some mods to make it even better. I tried doing some research on this forum but haven't found anything concrete. Basically here are some things that i want it done on the watch:

1. new crown

2. new crown guard if possible

3. relume

4. accurate datewheel

5. AR coating if the gen has one

6. new hands set

7. new movement if its necessary

can you guys help me source out all of this parts? and who can help me put on all of this parts. any answer will be appreciated

thanks

I was looking at 196 myself but don't know much about it. I know datewheels were offered by finepics but I don't know whether he's got any left. Finepics, have you got any? If so, I'd pick one. Davidsen has the set of hands but for the white 188. I am not sure about the silver hands of 196. I assume The Zigmeister and others could lume the hands and the dial.

What crown could be used?

Im just wondering if you experts here could guide me on the right directions. I have an old case 196 daylight with old asian 7750 . I bought the watch 2 years ago. Im interested in doing some mods to make it even better. I tried doing some research on this forum but haven't found anything concrete. Basically here are some things that i want it done on the watch:

1. new crown

2. new crown guard if possible

3. relume

4. accurate datewheel

5. AR coating if the gen has one

6. new hands set

7. new movement if its necessary

can you guys help me source out all of this parts? and who can help me put on all of this parts. any answer will be appreciated

thanks

1. Don't know if the ETA crown stem threads will match. If they do, a Palp crown will work.

2. Not possible for the chronos.

3. The Zigmeister

4. Coming soon for the A7750. Watch the forum.

5. The gen has the inner surface coated, and you can have this done when we put together a single sided AR run

6. I think it can be tracked down

7. Will require a new hands set if you want a Valjoux 7750

1. Don't know if the ETA crown stem threads will match. If they do, a Palp crown will work.

2. Not possible for the chronos.

3. The Zigmeister

4. Coming soon for the A7750. Watch the forum.

5. The gen has the inner surface coated, and you can have this done when we put together a single sided AR run

6. I think it can be tracked down

7. Will require a new hands set if you want a Valjoux 7750

thanks guys