When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rubber Strap for Ultimate PO 45,5

piratedzeus

Is it available? I know in some month there will be a rubber strap for the 007 version, but won't it have 007 all over it lol?

As far as I know, the only rubber strap currently available to the rep community is the Seamaster Rubber strap, but this is different to the straps on Planet Oceans. The differences on the Planet Ocean strap are:

1. Notch holes are 'off-round' rather than rectangular

2. The tongue of the buckle is 7mm rather than 10mm

3. The printing on the inside of the strap says Omega / Seamaster Planet Ocean, rather than simply Omega / Seamaster

4. The color is different. The Planet Ocean straps are Charcoal Grey, not black.

As far as I know, only genuine PO straps are available, such as from Ofrei.com, and I have yet to see a PO rep with the correct strap attatched as Factory Standard.

Sounds good. I suppose I'd better get tooled up. Can anyone suggest a spring bar removal tool that'll fit my PO Ultimate, so I can get the old bracelet off.

I've always used a 1mm flat head jeweller's screwdriver. Admitedly, not as good as a proper removal tool, but certainly up to the task.

As far as I know, the only rubber strap currently available to the rep community is the Seamaster Rubber strap, but this is different to the straps on Planet Oceans. The differences on the Planet Ocean strap are:

1. Notch holes are 'off-round' rather than rectangular

2. The tongue of the buckle is 7mm rather than 10mm

3. The printing on the inside of the strap says Omega / Seamaster Planet Ocean, rather than simply Omega / Seamaster

4. The color is different. The Planet Ocean straps are Charcoal Grey, not black.

Errr, no they're not! :whistling:

Errr, no they're not! :whistling:

Err, yes they are...

Omega Seamaster Strap:

227514-12884.jpg

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Strap:

227514-12885.jpg

The two colors are quite distinctly different. I have viewed the genuine Planet Ocean strap twice in the last month. The first time, I thought the color was Charcoal, but wasn't 100% sure, so the second time, I wore a black shirt so I could compare the two colors, and the strap was definitely Charcoal. When we left the jeweller, I asked my fiance if she thought the strap was black or charcoal grey (had never discussed the color with her previously) and her immediate reaction was "Charcoal Grey"

The Planet Ocean does not have a black dial, it has a matte Charcoal Grey dial, and a strap to match.

Look at the colors of Duzledwarf's watch, you can see that the NATO strap is black, the bezel insert is black, and the dial of the watch is a few shades lighter. Charcoal Grey.

227514-12886.jpg

:whistling:

Err, yes they are...

If you've been following the development of the rep PO strap in here you would know that not only does Doc own a genuine PO strap but he provided the photographs and dimensions for the replication process. He's talking from experience too!

If you've been following the development of the rep PO strap in here you would know that not only does Doc own a genuine PO strap but he provided the photographs and dimensions for the replication process. He's talking from experience too!

Thanks for the nod Rico, not long to wait now my friend :D

@Teejay - you can convince yourself otherwise with the aid of NATO straps, charcoal shirts you own whatever, but the two comparative photos you posted of the SM and PO straps only look different due to the lighting.

The PO strap is as BLACK as the SM black rubber strap, and has a nice matte finish to it when dry. In fact just right this second I'm comparing my wrist against all the black things that surround me.....black car key (check), black leather key fob (check), black sunglasses case (check), black phone (check), black credit card (no, not that one, I wish!) yep.....it's black alright ;)