When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Muller Conquistador advice

rennwerkes

Folks, have been out of rep's for a while and have only had Panerai's in the past.

But recently the Conquistador has caught my eye, especially since it seems as though many consider it to be one of the the most accurate rep's available.

Can anyone offer any additional advice? I know to get the one with the correct movement, I think it was a 2892 or a 2982?

TIA! :D

It is a great rep. I bought the older version with a good old fashioned real 2892. Some people have mentioned that some are not coming with the proper movement so make sure you check it before you buy. Also focus on the ring around the date. It is a dead giveaway if you get the wrong one. If you are very meticulous stick with the black dial as it comes with silver hands. The white dial version should come with blued hands and unfortunately the hands that come on the rep are blue but look terrible. I have never been able to source gen hands so you end up repainting the hands with some obscure paint made by Ford for its cars and truck. Shoot a PM over to Archibald if you are still interested. He is an expert on FM's. I would show you pics of mine except it is with Ziggy awaiting the mysterious hand paint. :)

Hey Arch-

Not to make you jealous but a certain store opened up here. And its neighbor is AP. :thumbsupsmileyanim: