When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ride my bike wearing a rep?

teddy boy

Now, we're talking! I only do road biking, and I never do it for commuting. I appreciate the sport of cycling, and it is great exercise.

I have two road bikes.

One is a Colnago Extreme C. This is the commerical version of the bike used by the Rabobank team back in the 2005 tour de france.

228995-12580.jpg

I also have a Trek 1400 2006 version. I think this is the best value road bike out there.

228995-12581.jpg

Gooch,

Congrats on both. I also have a 1400, but my 1400 is around 17 years old. I purchased it after I bought my first condo and got my first tax refund check as a homeowner. I figured I could use the check to buy nice dining room chairs to go with the marble dining room table that I had just bought, or....I could use the money to have some fun. Fun and the bike won out. The 1400 is absolutely the best purchase of my life and has given me uncountable miles of pleasure and many, many good cycling friendships.

Beautiful bikes! But........... how do you make them go with no pedals? :g:

229029-12577.jpg

Clipless pedals (ironic name since you have to clip them to the bottom of your cycling shoes) are never sold with the bike. Since the majority of road bikers use these clipless pedals, it is pointless to include generic pedals you would see on any old bike (the type of pedal you are probably familar with). So it is just easier to not include pedals with the bike. If generic pedals are include, these are seen more as a temporary pedal for those new to the sport who are uncomfortable with clipping their shoes into their pedals. A more experienced rider will replace it immediately.

Now, we're talking! I only do road biking, and I never do it for commuting. I appreciate the sport of cycling, and it is great exercise.

I have two road bikes.

One is a Colnago Extreme C. This is the commerical version of the bike used by the Rabobank team back in the 2005 tour de france.

229237-12540.jpg

I also have a Trek 1400 2006 version. I think this is the best value road bike out there.

229237-12541.jpg

The Colnago is absolutely gorgeous. Can you believe the paint job on that thing? My first "good" bike was a Colnago, Columbus SL. I hit a brick in the road around dusk (never saw the brick laying there) and bent the downtube. I wanted to cry. I've never been on a mountain bike. I have nothing against mountain at all, it's just that when I started riding there was only road. Have I appropriately dated myself?