When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Internet Radio

jeff g

I sit in front of this damn monitor at work and at home.. too many hours a day.

Recently I decided to experiment with a little internet radio to see what it was worth.

Well now I am hooked.

The site I joined (for no fee) is working out really well. It is called PANDORA.com. It is available for the time being in CONUS only, although they have plans to expand worldwide eventually. The concept works really well. You supply your email address, which is not sold or mis-used for spam or internet advertising and that is all there is to it. Once you join you select the type of music you like or an artist or song that you enjoy, and that becomes the basis of your listening. You can ask for as many different genres as you like.

Example: I punched in 'Piano jazz', and bingo...all day long I listen to a variety of piano jazz, playing softly on my speakers in the background. No talking...no commercials...just music.

I minimize the site, therby not even looking at the preplaced ads, and play..play. I highly recommend it.

After a week or so, I emailed them to tell them how much I liked thier site, and they responded by offering me a free baseball cap and T-shirt with thier logo on them. Just to say thanks.

Try it you'll like it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR OR AM I AFFILIATTED WITH PANDORA, really.

Recently I decided to experiment with a little internet radio to see what it was worth.

Well now I am hooked.

The site I joined (for no fee) is working out really well. It is called PANDORA.com. It is available for the time being in CONUS only, although they have plans to expand worldwide eventually. The concept works really well. You supply your email address, which is not sold or mis-used for spam or internet advertising and that is all there is to it. Once you join you select the type of music you like or an artist or song that you enjoy, and that becomes the basis of your listening. You can ask for as many different genres as you like.

Example: I punched in 'Piano jazz', and bingo...all day long I listen to a variety of piano jazz, playing softly on my speakers in the background. No talking...no commercials...just music.

I minimize the site, therby not even looking at the preplaced ads, and play..play. I highly recommend it.

After a week or so, I emailed them to tell them how much I liked thier site, and they responded by offering me a free baseball cap and T-shirt with thier logo on them. Just to say thanks.

Try it you'll like it.

I've used it for a while now..it's very good...available in Europe too for ages!

Pshaw! Dude where have you been? Why even give them an email address? First download WinAMP. You don't absolutely have to get WinAMP but it is a damn good Player. And it is automatically hooked into Shoutcast. www.Shoutcast.com lists every Internet radio station on earth and they are all free for the asking and most commercial free. Another good aggregater is www.live365.com.

The one I use a lot is di.fm which has a lot of techno but also some classical, lounge, and otherstuff. I like chill electronica a lot and www.o2chill.com is very nice.

/Tim

I've been listening to di.fm for ages (for lounge, ambient & chillout) along with smoothjazz and smoothlounge.com....

They do a pretty decent job....but my all-time favorite was mysticradio.com out of San Francisco, which had the best selection of new-age, ambient and electronic music I've ever heard. Unfortunately, they ceased broadcasting several years ago. Nothing I've listened to since even comes close to it.

Well now I am hooked.

Try it you'll like it.

I have just been onto Pandora's Website. Brilliant!! Works OK in Germany where I live :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Scott.