When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Inge chrono movement trouble

yellomen

I guys

I receive 2 IWC Ingenieur chrono's from Eddie, but both had defective movements. I know it's a module on top of an asian 7750 which is actually asking for trouble. The modules are of really poor quality and the bearings are steel on steel, no jewels.

How's you experience with this movement, which is also used in the IWC Portuguese chrono? Any known problems? Trouble movement or not? Love to hear you stories :black_eye:

I guys

I receive 2 IWC Ingenieur chrono's from Eddie, but both had defective movements. I know it's a module on top of an asian 7750 which is actually asking for trouble. The modules are of really poor quality and the bearings are steel on steel, no jewels.

How's you experience with this movement, which is also used in the IWC Portuguese chrono? Any known problems? Trouble movement or not? Love to hear you stories :black_eye:

Some chat here

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Portuguese-Chrono-t20799.html

• 3 weeks later...

Mine would only run while I was wearing it, even when it had been fully wound by hand. It normally stopped approx 10 minutes after I took it off each time. My solution was to send it to The Zigmeister and have the whole movement replaced with a reliable, serviced Asian 7750 that I had been using in my GST, with the module removed and no running seconds. Now the watch runs normally with no seconds and both sub dials operating only when in chrono mode. The GST now has an ETA 7750 which fixes the 'droopy' day issue and the ETA date and date wheels are a much closer font to the original. Altogether 2 watches sorted, albeit with the loss of the constant seconds on the Porto.