When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do I make sure the chrono pushers on my IWC GST are not loose

Whatch-A-Doin?

The Zigmeister,

hi there. I recently read a thread about the chrono pushers on someone's GST became loose and then went lost. mine seem to be on there good but I can turn them using my finger.

I dont want to turn them until the pop out. What can I do to ensure they are in very solid and won't fall out? I gather they dont turn one way until they become tight?

Thanks

Ziggy,

hi there. I recently read a thread about the chrono pushers on someone's GST became loose and then went lost. mine seem to be on there good but I can turn them using my finger.

I dont want to turn them until the pop out. What can I do to ensure they are in very solid and won't fall out? I gather they dont turn one way until they become tight?

Thanks

I have heard of some that were loose as well, and on all of these that come in for work, I check them.

So far, I have not seen any firsthand that were loose...

Don't confuse the fact that you can turn the pushers with the screws being loose, the two have nothing to do with each other. These pushers are not splined, they are smooth sided. So the pusher will turn in the case even with the screw tight...the screw does not stop the pusher from turning, it stops it from falling out.

So to check if the screws are tight, you have to remove the caseback, and remove the movement and then hold the pusher on the outside with your finger, and with a screwdriver on the inside of the case, tighten (if needed) the pushers holddown screws.

I have not had any with loose screws, so it seems to be a isolated problem...

Thanks for the question.

RG