When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

**Rare Cartier Watch Collector's Dream!**

Ok fellow RWG members.... My wife and I have decided to sell this watch. It is a:

Cartier Platinum 150 Anniversary Tank Guichet (#029/150)

I Paid to have it Valorized by Cartier in 2005 as you will see in the pic's but, the Valuation Manager at Cartier said this is not specifically what the watch is worth ($23,200USD) it is only a base evaluation and Authenticity Certificate it does not take into account the rarity of this piece. That being said I'm not trying to make a fortune on this watch just trying to get what it is worth.

Where would be the best place to sell this watch?

These are not the best pic's and I will be taking some replacements soon.. The watch has been Fully polished and Brushed by Cartier and has no marks or scratches.

228985-12582.jpg

228985-12583.jpg

228985-12584.jpg

228985-12585.jpg

228985-12586.jpg

228985-12587.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Ron

Edited by Pam-O-licious

Wow, never seen anything like it! Does it open up?

You purchase it yourself for your wife? What made you choose it?

Sorry to be so nosey, just looks very unique :)

It does not open up...It is a solid piece of plantinum.. ;)

It was purchased by her Father..although it is a man size watch..by todays standards it's unisex. (I will take a Wrist pic of it on me and post it)

It is indeed Very unique...

It does not open up...It is a solid piece of plantinum.. ;)

It was purchased by her Father..although it is a man size watch..by todays standards it's unisex. (I will take a Wrist pic of it on me and post it)

It is indeed Very unique...

Amazing.....

What a value that thing holds, and as you said, thats not even taking into account its rarity.

No rain on this parade... I actually wanted to see the Rep.. :) but, nothing can replace the feel of Platinum... :cool2:

Here some info I found on it... and it did come with a White gold Clasp. It is in French but, I had it translated.. http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr :)

http://www.tajan.com/pdf/2005/5601.pdf

and they have a price of ($32,574 / $40,289) for my Watch (25,000/30,000 Euro)

Edited by Pam-O-licious

Just posted a message about the Omega auction, but Antiquorum in Switzerland is probably the premier auction house for high end time pieces. That would be your best bet. eB*y would be a waste unless you sell the watch on consignment through someone like Jeff Hess (Hess File Arts). If you belong, the NAWCC also runs a sales market. Since it is a Cartier, you might try to get in on one of Sotheby's general jewelry auctions. Hope this helps.

/Tim

Just posted a message about the Omega auction, but Antiquorum in Switzerland is probably the premier auction house for high end time pieces. That would be your best bet. eB*y would be a waste unless you sell the watch on consignment through someone like Jeff Hess (Hess File Arts). If you belong, the NAWCC also runs a sales market. Since it is a Cartier, you might try to get in on one of Sotheby's general jewelry auctions. Hope this helps.

/Tim

Was just in Dallas partying with Jeff Hess. He is the man. Wrote the book on Rolex and is president of Ball Watch CO. Great guy known him for years.

Birdman