When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP from Josh

jomama

Got SMP from Josh and was concerned it would not have 3:00 markers but was pleasently surprised it was there. Watch is very good quality and all that was advertised. I also ordered waterpoofing service for $50.

My only issue was that the bracelet was a bear to size. Should be easy with screws, right? Wrong! I could not get them to budge. After extended efforts and breaking 3 tools, I took to my watch guy and we had to cut through last full link on each end to remove. The screws at clasp were easy to move but the "inner" screws seemed locked. My advice is for you not to attempt unless you have driver that can generate enough torque without stripping (as I did).

The next mod I did was to get out the dremmel and apply a brush finish to the outer edge of the braclet to match gen ( this rep comes with polished ends which is inaccurate).

I will perform pearl alignmet mod later via heating the bezel insert and "sliding" to proper position. I understand these new bezels are difficult to remove and I do not want to screw up the watch. The only other issue with watch is that it has a longer crown than gen. Either that or gen has higher crown guards.

HE valve is locked tight so I am hoping waterproofing and testing was successful. I will find out soon enough.

All in all I am very pleased with quality and service. I think it looks great. Enjoy face pics!

post-4183-1175832438_thumb.jpg

post-4183-1175832498_thumb.jpg

I don't know what it is with these Omegas but there is a problem with at least one screw being too tight ..

The last two I bought both had stripped screws in the end links on the outside of the bracelet both in the same spot , the rest were like butter ..

If you ever get one that is stripped like that and just spins or is hard to turn give it a little spray of WD 40 and if it still won't budge use a pin pusher if it's striped and that will push it out , then use a new screw ( from another link ) with a little loctite on the threads and you'll be all set ..

The pin pusher and new screws worked well for me !

Zed